The course: In this course, we study the biological foundations of human behavior and the relationship between the nervous system, behavior, and higher psychological activities.
Interest: Knowing the relationship between the brain and the mind is one of the pillars for understanding human behavior.
- Pages: Students are responsible for reading the Neurosciences 1 pages and regularly check for changes or news.
- Visiting hours: Tue 12.30-13.30h; appointments should be booked by mail.
- Attendance: Students are expected to attend classes regularly (> 70%). More than 30% of unexcused absences (more than 6) from the lectures will result in course failure.
Some interesting links
- The Whole Brain: Here are brain atlases obtained through MRI or PET
- Anatomist: Here you can see 2D and 3D brain sections and MRI images
- Synaptic: Animation of the synthesis, release, and inactivation of neurotransmitters
- Límbico: Scheme did by me in 1997 (I was based on a site that I can not find anymore)
- Secret Life of the Brain: Secrets, History
andAnatomy of the Brain Anatomy in 3D
- Neuroanatomy: Neuroanatomy tutorial
- Animated Tutorials: